Rising maritime stars step into the spotlight with the Young Entrepreneur Award.
Part of ongoing efforts to further develop Nor-Shipping as an arena for the next generation, the Young Entrepreneur Award was launched in 2013. Open to nominees in all industry segments, it honors an under 40-year-old professional who has founded a successful company that addresses challenges or solutions in a new way.
Agnes Árnadóttir and Espen Larsen-Hakkebo, the CEO and CFO of Brim Explorer, were announced as winners of the 2019 Nor-Shipping Young Entrepreneur Award. In 2017 Tuomas Riski, CEO of Norsepower, was announced as the winner of Nor-Shipping’s coveted Young Entrepreneur Award, while the award in 2015 went to Boyan Slat, CEO of The Ocean Cleanup. The first winner of the prestigious award was Tor M. Østervold, CEO of Ecosubsea.
The award will be handed out in front of a prominent industry audience at the Nor-Shipping Opening Ceremony in Oslo City Hall. In addition the winner receives a free display area at the Nor-Shipping Blue Economy Hall during the Nor-Shipping week. Inlcuding extensive promotion during and after the Nor-Shipping week, with portrait interviews in leading maritime media. The passion and enthusiasm of past winners have made this award a highlight of the week.
Eligible candidates can come from any segment of the industry and anywhere in the world but may not be over the age of 40 at the time of Nor-Shipping 2021. The award winner shall have excelled within one or more of the following areas:
• Representing new concepts and solutions for existing or new industry challenges; technically, digitally and/or commercially
• Have the audacity & boldness to address a substantial/complex global challenge, creating new opportunities for the maritime industry
• Inspiring our industry to adopt best-practices from other industries, strengthening the industry position in an even more globalized world in rapid change.
• New logistical solutions, looking at new ways for the industry to become even more efficient
• Creating jobs within the maritime sector
• Taking on the environmental challenges of the industry through one or several of the above criteria
The Young Entrepreneur Award 2019 Jury
An independent jury will select the four nominees, as well as the winner.
• Elisabeth Grieg, Grieg Group, Co-Owner and Group Chair
• Ned Harvey, Carbon War Room, Managing Director
• Nina Jensen, REV Ocean, CEO
• Chris Hayman, Seatrade UBM EMEA, Chairman
• Lasse Kristoffersen, Torvald Klaveness, President and CEO
• Michela Sasdelli, YoungShip International, Secretary General
• Per Martin Tanggaard, Nor-Shipping, Director
• Thomas Wilhelmsen, Wilhelmsen Group, Group CEO
Young Entrepreneur Award contact: email@example.com